Saturday, May 21, 2011

Something Different.


Sometimes it's nice to do something different. I find it very easy to get 'stuck in a rut' so to speak. I found myself admiring light blue and green nail polish that I was seeing everywhere, on other blogs, in magazines...but I'm been really restrictive on myself, trying to save money for the trip to New Zealand and all.


BUT, yesterday when I was food shopping with Grant I thought I would have a look for some. I was really happy when I found that the pharmacy had a massive tub of nail polish for only $2ish each! I got the colour above and also a lighter, more greener green.


As soon as I painted my nails I felt so good! It's strange that something as small as painting my nails and different colour made me feel so, well different. I felt a bit me-er if that makes sense?


In other news, yesterday I took some time to myself and quilted up my cushion cover that I've been working on for a while. Initially I was apprehensive because I wasn't sure what sort of pattern I wanted to do and I didn't know how bright my thread colours were. But I powered on through and this is what it came out like.









I ended up doing three diamonds on each line and I alternated using orange and yellow thread. I love it! I'm sure that its going to sit on my chair now for another few weeks while I work on other projects though.


Now I'm going to move my sewing machine into the lounge room in front of the heater and work on a custom bag while I watch tv. I'm thinking of catching up on some taped tv shows and then maybe watch a movie. 







No comments:

Post a Comment