Monday, July 11, 2011

New Zealand Part One














 I've decided to break down my New Zealand post into two parts, so there isn't an overload of photos! As you might be able to see above, I had a super-duper amazing time in New Zealand! We got to do so many things, and the trip went so fast. A week was definitely not enough time to do everything and anything that I wanted too. 


Queenstown was a fantastic place. Our hostel was right in the middle of everything and we walked most places we went to. I would go back in a heartbeat (not to be a cliché or anything). We flew out on the Saturday morning, and by the time we reached Christchurch airport, the Queenstown airport was closed from snow and bad weather. If only we had an afternoon flight, we would have gotten to stay longer. Hehe.  


The weather couldn't have been more perfect actually. The first part of the week was sunny and beautiful and the second part was rainy (snowing in the mountains). Adjusting to the cold was easier than I expected, it took me a few days before I realised how much a hat keeps you warmer. I wore my panda bear hat that I bought from the lovely Rachael from Talk2TheTrees while I was on holidays too! I hope the weather gets a tad colder in Newcastle now so I can wear it again!


New Zealand part two will be coming up shortly! 



No comments:

Post a Comment